RVT is a privately owned and funded company looking for a self-starting junior developer with experience and interest in Machine Vision and Windows-based C++ Programming and who thrives by learning quickly in rapidly changing environments.
Robotic Vision Technologies is the leader in 3D Vision Guided Robotic technology. With our software, industrial robots are empowered with the ability to locate parts both large and small in 3D space with a single camera – a process called Single-Camera 3D. This enables the robots to safely and accurately work within the variances of real life manufacturing situations.
Now, RVT is focused on the new and rapidly expanding market of Collaborative Robots. The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to work with real state-of-the-art robots, be key in the development of new products from design to implementation, and deliver real impact to the world of robotics, machine learning, and A.I. This position provides immediate leadership potential and growth within a small but cohesive group, as well as fantastic bonus and option compensation plans with flexible hours and vacation time.
Presented here is a unique opportunity to work with state of the art technologies in a private company aiming for early exit. Don’t pass it up!
RVT’s culture is one where everybody is able to contribute in any way they want – there’s no bureaucracy, politics, or procedural noise. We all work together where needed to deliver great products to market. We value initiative, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Be a key component of an Agile-driven development team
• Contribute to and lead product decisions from feature design to implementation to testing
• Potentially travel and work with customers to solicit feedback and integrate that feedback into future product versions
• Help work on new robot and machine vision algorithms, products, and solutions
• 1-5 years experience designing and developing client applications
• A solid understanding of C++, Visual Studio, debugging techniques, and at least one scripting language
• Proficiency with Windows API. Knowledge of Windows Forms and COM a huge plus
• Demonstrated knowledge or interest in Machine Vision or Robotics
• Good communicator with both technical and non-technical coworkers and customers
• A bias for action, self-motivated, able to take direction well, and able to self-direct when needed
• Machine vision algorithm design and implementation
• Familiarity with computer vision libraries (like OpenCV)
• Knowledge and implementation of good coding and testing practices
• Working on and refactoring legacy code
• Leadership skills
Some travel may be required.
Located in Northern Silver Spring, Maryland with planned office locations in DC and/or Northern Virginia.
Send resumes to: